Theme: Energy and Variability Aware Circuits and Systems
Prizes: A total of 10 cash prizes will be awarded, which comprises:
One gold winner: S$10,000
Two silver winners: Each S$6,000
Seven bronze winners: Each S$3,000
Areas of Submission: Analog, digital, mixed-signal, RF/mm-wave, MEMS, optics, biological, and other customized integrated
circuits and systems
Submission deadline: 01 Jun 2011
The continuous scaling of devices technology has introduced drastic variation of process and design parameters, which lead to severe variability of chip performance in nanometer regime.
As uncertainties due to process and technology variations are expected to increase in each generation, it will have a significant impact on the chip performance as well as the reliability and yield. Another challenging issue is the high power consumption due to
excessive leakage power and higher packing density in nanometer integrated circuit and system design. As a result, circuits and systems are often over‐designed to compensate for these uncertainties and variations. These overdesigned circuits and systems not only will increase chip area and power consumption but also make timing closure, matching and optimization difficult. All these technical challenges will inevitably reduce battery life in
portable applications and impose greater challenges in cooling and packaging in non‐portable systems. This Chip Design Competition aims to address some of these complex issues, improve the chip design productivity and develop new design methodologies, novel circuits and systems to circumvent variations in process technology and power/energy.
Submission and Competition Details:
• Chip designs must be supported by fabrication and measurement results.
• A 4‐page manuscript (in standard IEEE double‐column format) plus 2‐page appendix detailing the chip
experiment results and performance analysis (total 6 pages) must be submitted to ISIC2011 for the chip
• Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format through the conference website at:
http://www.isic2011.org. Only electronic submission is accepted.
• At least one author must register for the conference to present the design work. One paid registration cannot
submit more than 2 entries.
• At least one author of each winning entry is required to stay one more day on 15 Dec 2011 to attend a oneday
networking program arranged by the sponsor, Contact Singapore .
• The decision of the judges is final.